We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users of our service and visitors to our website. Our website uses SSL to help protect (encrypt) any data provided using our site.
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use personal information about you in order to provide our services. In particular, we want you to know that we will keep your personal information safe and we will not sell, rent or trade email lists or other personal information with third-party companies or businesses.
Who we are
We are an online marketplace, providing services to connect buyers and sellers. This service is operated by Tuminds Ltd based in Inverness, Scotland.
What personal information we collect
In order to fulfil our services we need to know certain personal information, and in order to continuously improve our services we may collect additional information.
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you provide to enable us to deliver services you have requested, including data that identifies you, financial details required for billing and processing payments, shipping information and additional data that you provide during purchasing or sales transactions.
- Details you provide when you sign up for, or request that we send you, information about our services, including marketing materials.
- Details you provide when you register as a seller on our platform.
- Details you provide when you make a purchase from one of our sellers via our platform.
- Data that is generated as part of one of your purchase or sales transactions or which is linked to your account as a result of a transaction in which you are involved. This includes information such as transaction amounts, time and location of transactions and payment methods.
- Data that is generated through your other actions when you use our services and which is linked to your account, for example when you place items in your shopping cart, save sellers or searches.
- Information you provide by updating or adding information to your account, by making enquires, or if you contact us for any reason via email, post, phone or other channels, including social media channels and when you respond to our communications, research surveys or requests for information.
- Data regarding all other interactions with our services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us.
- Location data, including the location data of your mobile device. Please note that for most mobile devices, you can manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu of your mobile device.
- Computer and connection information, such as statistics regarding your use of services, information on data traffic to and from websites, referral URL, information on advertisements, your IP address, browser type and version, your access times and your weblog information.
- We may also receive or collect information about you from other sources, including third parties and publicly available information that help us update and analyse our records, and identify new customers and partners.
- Other data that we are required or entitled by law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the data we collect.
How we use personal data
We may use the information we collect to:
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Provide you with the services you request or use, including but not limited to:
- enabling and performing transactions with other users. This includes the transmission of your personal data to other users (such as sellers you are buying from) where necessary to perform the transaction, including in cases of terminated, failed or subsequently voided transactions;
- providing features such as transaction and/or payment processing, ratings and account management;
- providing other services you may use, and ensuring the functionality of our services.
- Send you notifications relating to your account transactions and the use of our services in accordance with the communication preferences in your account.
- Send you updates, marketing communications and other information or materials that may be of interest to you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving.
- Providing services within the scope of customer service, including solution of problems with your account or other users and providing.
- Continuously improve the provision of our services.
- Assess the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and publications.
- Analyse sales and other business data.
- Comply with our legal obligations, and to protect your, our, and others’ rights;
Where we use your personal information with your consent, for example when you sign up for news and updates, you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
How we share personal information
We may have to share personal information we collect with trusted third parties. The information we share shall be no more than required and the third parties’ use of the information shall be limited to the specified purpose for processing as agreed with them.
These trusted third parties include:
- Other users, for example to enable and perform purchasing and selling transactions.
- External operators of websites, applications, services and tools, where necessary to provide the services you requested or use. These include but are not limited to our IT support provider, web-hosting companies, analytics services, live chat service, email marketing platform, cloud accounting system, payment gateways, cloud storage providers, marketing and communications services.
We may publicly share anonymised information that does not reasonably identify you or your organisation, including survey results.
In the event we merge or sell our business or assets, the personal data we collect about you may be transferred to the purchaser of our business or assets.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier. If your browser preferences allow it, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are set.
We also use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels. This means that occasionally you may see an ad from us in search engines or on social media channels as a result from visiting our website.
The analytics and tracking cookies collect website activity, including but not limited to the number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, navigation patterns, browser types and versions, access device IP address, login data where applicable, and other communication data.
For more information on cookies and how to restrict or manage them using your browser settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we keep information safe
We take data security seriously and have achieved and maintain ‘Cyber Essentials’ certification. This means we have implemented robust measures and procedures to secure personal data and protect it from loss or unauthorised disclosure or damage.
Our website uses SSL to help protect (encrypt) any data provided using our site, for example when submitting information through a web form. This does not mean we can guarantee the absolute security of your information. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, such as the Internet and wireless networks.
How long we keep the information we collect
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How to contact us